Maintenance Team Leader
About the Role:
To ensure all general maintenance duties are conducted by the maintenance team in a professional and timely manner, delivering good customer service at all times and ensuring that all units remain compliant and in line with company standards.
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities
- Carry out minor general maintenance and repairs to internal and external fixtures and fittings as and when required.
- Lead, manage and develop Maintenance assistants ensuring they carry out designated duties
- Report faults that require specialist skills
- Prioritise workload to ensure guest experience is not impacted by any defects or works
- Supervisory management of all contractors working on centre to ensure compliance with company procedures
- Complete regular company compliance checks
- Provide a full year programme of major works for the department to allow the centre to plan works
- Identify planned maintenance programme for the centre
- Manage the maintenance budget in line with the requirements of the Centre General Manager
- Technical knowledge of maintenance issues.
- Experience in basic maintenance skills including carpentry, plumbing and electrical work
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Previous line management experience
- Computer literate
- Awareness of the main requirements of health and safety legislation and good practice relevant to the duties of the post
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Driving license – desirable
- Experience of working in a school or similar environment – desirable
A little bit about us…
This position is based at our fantastic Inspiring Learning North Devon centre, which is located in the Devon cliffs and is famous for its total-wipe-out assault course!
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.
Here at Kingswood, we know that all of our people are at the centre of our success, making our adventure centres as magical as they are.
What are you waiting for? Apply today.