Housekeeping Team Leader
Come and join our team here at Kingswood, we are an outdoor residential centre, who provide life changing experiences for all our guests. The housekeeping team are vital organ to our team. You will provide a home from home experience for our guests.
Support the smooth running of the housekeeping department at the centre which will include line management of the domestic assistants including training and guidance, allocation of daily duties including staff rotas, overseeing and adherence to health and safety (COSHH) regulations, quality control of cleaning standards and budget control of the domestic department.
Deputise for the Housekeeper as and when required ensuring the department is smooth running and compliant to all operating procedures
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities
First line supervision of housekeeping Assistants which will include dealing with performance management issues supported by the Housekeeper as require within the Housekeeping Department delegated responsibility for all:
- Quality Control
- Health & Safety (COSHH)
- Purchasing/budget control
- Staff rotas
- Deal promptly and efficiently with any customer complaints
- Keeping the Housekeeper advised at all times with regards to the running of the domestic department
- Allocate, undertake and supervise cleaning tasks according to the work schedules.
- Check all equipment is clean, in good working order and stored properly.
- Observe and report on the need for repairs and maintenance of fabric, furniture and fittings.
- Ensure a safe environment is provided for all residents, staff and visitors.
- Check, issue and record cleaning stores and complete stock takes as required
- Ensure that records and reports are correctly written e.g. cleaning schedules, work sheets.
- Order cleaning products
- Attend regular meetings with Housekeeper/Centre Manager to discuss domestic services, changes in policy and procedures and any other business.
Typical knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience of managing a team within the Housekeeping industry.
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning methods
- Proven experience of first line management
- Ability to build relationships with key customers
- Must be familiar with Health & Safety regulations, COSHH, and cleaning in line with British Institute of Cleaning Standards (BICS).
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure