Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship - Feb2023 (finished & reposted)
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY INSTRUCTOR APPRENTICESHIP 2023 - Grosvenor Hall
Start Date: 30th January
- Receive a £500 sign-on bonus
- Gain external NGB Instructor qualifications
- Free accommodation
- £10.10 after 12 months
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner with onsite catering
- Per week, 80% practical 20% off the job learning
- Industry leading training providers
- Exciting independent lifestyle
- Fun team with a family feel
Ready, set… ADVENTURE.
Love the outdoors? Why not become an expert in outdoor adventure and join our L3 Activity Leader apprenticeship!
What to expect: Escape the ordinary and get ready to dive into nature and lead and deliver adrenaline-pumping activities such as high ropes, archery and water sports courses. This is a unique opportunity, like no other. Join the Kingswood adventure. Apply.
At Kingswood, we pride ourselves in delivering the very best exhilarating activities as well as building unforgettable memories.
Get in contact today to receive our Kingswood – Level 3 Outdoor Activity Apprenticeship Brochure!
CHECK OUT OUR DAY IN THE LIFE & FAQ VIDEO:
Kingswood Staff Interview Series with Brad: Activity Instructor
FAQ: Kingswood Outdoor Apprenticeships
About Grosvenor hall, Kent
Come and join the hardworking and collaborative team at Grosvenor Hall. It’s one of our largest facilities and is the former Ashford Police training facility, leaving behind many interesting features and design, such as an old judo room! The apprentices stay in the old police barracks, modified with a pool & games room. This spectacular Victorian building could be your new home!
Total hours per week: 40
Course duration: 14 Months
Qualification type: Advanced Level Apprenticeship Level 3
We run 4 apprentice start dates per year:
Whether you are looking for a fast-track teaching route in the outdoor sector or looking for a fun gap year while you search for your next move in life. We have you covered with fun, sociable and fulfilling experiences.
- Delivering a variety of fun and exhilarating experiences
- Lead high-adrenaline outdoor activities using a range of specialist equipment
To undertake various external National Governing body (NGB) qualifications
- Ensure activities are delivered in line with appropriate standards
- Partake and deliver entertainments sessions
- Ensure all equipment and safety checks are conducted in line with company procedures
- Ensure compliance with company H&S policy
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Safeguarding Policy
- To support centre projects
- What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the - end?
- Receive a Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Award
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Be taken full time at any of our 10 UK centres and progress into management and more. Kingswood is part of the inspiring learning family. We have multiple unique brands based all around the world.
Other career pathways in the outdoor sector can include, Multi-Activity Leader, Program Designer, Environmental Education Tutor, Activity Instructor, Ranger and National Park Guide. With these recognised qualifications, you will be able to find interesting companies across the globe.
How much will you earn whilst on the course?
- Earn £10,004.80 in 12 months
- Pay no NI or Tax contributions
- Plus 5.6 weeks holiday
- Rate increases to £10.10 per hour after 12 months
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem-solving skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non-judgemental, Patience, Basic Physical fitness
English GCSE at level 3 or grade D
Maths GCSE at level 3 or grade D
NVQ or SVQ Functional Skills Level 1 or equivalent English (Grade Level 1)
NVQ or SVQ Functional Skills Level 1 or equivalent Maths (Grade level 1)
(If you do not have this, please get in touch to discuss how to get this before done, ready for the start of the course)
We are one of the most experienced outdoor education providers in the UK.
Our immersive outdoor experiences are loved by groups of all ages. We welcome groups from around the world to our adventure centres to bond as a team, achieve shared goals, improve well-being and confidence, and make memories which last a lifetime. We create life-changing adventures. It’s what we are all truly passionate about.
Whether you are flying through the air on a giant zip wire, racing through our lake on a dragon boat, or cheering your teammates on, we bring out the potential in every individual, and that’s true of our team too. For over 35 years, we’ve created the most fulfilling adventures, and each year more than 175,000 young people and adults visit Kingswood.
This vacancy meets disability confidence requirements
SKERN SKILLS & TRAINING – Company Values:
We provide the best for you
We'll plan and run your programme to meet your needs. Our aim is to provide a life-enhancing experience for all participants, in a safe, relaxed and friendly environment.
We improve our own business
We continually invest in the buildings, facilities, activities and equipment. By listening to your feedback, we make improvements year on year.
We always develop our team
Exceptional individuals, and a model of good teamwork. Quite simply, we realise our people make the difference - and our customers continue to tell us.